Saturday, June 20, 2009

Plans and reality

Seems that my plans and reality don't mix. I wanted to get a building electrified, add a sink, air conditioning and be selling vegetables in it this summer - rolls eyes - ain't happening.

Seems I stress over the yard too much - and when I look at other farms like the place I picked up my turkey chicks or when I visited a farm in North Tulsa, they both had knee deep weeds where one should normally mow. Mine have weeds where they should not grow - but there's a bit of wimsy and lushness to our place - lots of stuff growing.

I am basically going to be open from 7 am every morning starting Monday, June 22 - pickers time - anything later - can't afford to keep people alive in the heat. I'd love to share a look see at our farm for anyone reading this blog - this would be a good time to see exactly what the heck I do. I am no twinkling fairy godmother type - more dastardly grouchy about all the work it takes - but in one hours time I can tell you or show you more ways to do things than you might want to know. Be careful, I might let you weed.

The email list was sent last night - hoping that they all show up evenly over the next 3 weeks - berries take their time growing - then burst into production all within that 3 week period and poof they be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment