Saturday, June 20, 2009

Keeping a lid on it.

I am so thankful that the state of Oklahoma enacted laws restricting municipalities from outlawing Beekeeping. Tulsa does put some restrictions on beekeepers but the state does not allow a outright ban. This article from the New York Times reminds me of how I felt when I decided to start keeping Bees. I would peek over the fence at my neighbors in their back yards and try to asses which ones were going to be troublemakers. Thankfully so far so good. Urban Apiculture is becoming popular even the Phantom of the Opera is getting into it.

1 comment:

  1. I went to work for the government back in 1971 in DC and often traveled thru the Smithsonian museums - I loved the Natural History museum and I remember an active hive of bees - in plexiglass that had this long tunnel to the outside so that the bees could work the plantings outside and thrive. Didn't Oxley Center have a small hive too some years back?

    ReplyDelete