Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mad or out of Holy Basil

OK - not a good day in the greenhouse - friend shows up and wants 3 flats and of course he doesn't have potting soil worth anything and so I gave him potting soil, and spaghnum moss and 3 six packs - he gave me $5.00 but he also needed a silver pen - to mark the pots. It was the time that was so precious - and once used up it is gone forever.

David seems useless right now - he doesn't want to wake up before 9 and grudgenly does arise about 8 - but then there's breakfast that he cannot live without - and by the time we get to the feed store and stop at the grocery store we get home around 10 - dang it - the days shot. I mentioned potting soil - he didn't seem to absorb that request - so now I have to go pick it up in the morning - we store it at Amanda's - she grows scented geraniums and has a big building and she works cleaning and restoring gardens - and her season has begun so she's not home this time of year during ordinary hours. And he leaves at 1 pm - to get to work by a quarter to 3 - shrugs - don't ask, I still don't understand.

I am out of my Holy Basil tablets - which I am using for depression so I am not sure I am not rightfully mad or just lacking my happy pills - but the trash is overflowing, the carpet is a mess, the table is loaded with a plethora of crappola and I want my life back and it is only mid March.

As I ate supper I filled in the US Census and the OK Dept of Ag has sent me 3 survey's to fill in - one for my own farm and one each for the two markets - oh glory - goodie, goodie. So while I eat, I work. I came home to find my beekeeper feeding the bees. She needed a check, and somehow could not find her order form or her receipt for the check. I feel for her - cuz that's how my day had been going - then I got a phone call from a former greenhouse getting-back-into-the-business friend - guess she will be at Jenks Herb and Plant Festival and UPS made a deliver - germs to kill the small larvae called fungus gnats. Oh joy - if it would dry out I'd have less of them - but the soil itself that the greenhouse sits on is a haven for those minor greenhouse pests - I should thank God everyday that is the only menace in the greenhouse.

So up to dark - I end up filling large 4 inch pots with dirt so I can water them in first thing AM and then start - yes start - squash - for my own farm and for sales - cuz this year food it where I am focusing - if you can't eat it - well, there's a few things I am growing like Sweet Grass and Aloe Vera - but mostly I am thinking food.

Nuff - maybe it is just a need for Holy Basil to keep my stern in gear - otherwise - if you don't see David at a show - I buried him - with his tiller - out back - under the woodpile - winks.

No comments:

Post a Comment