Friday, March 12, 2010

Am I the only one without a Debit Card

I stopped today at Garden Ridge - I needed some kind of very inexpensive trellis for hyacinth bean to climb on and found some florist wreath hangers with 3 legs - bend them a bit and they will fit the pots - voila. I pick up ten, meander around to the front and get into line - and of course the new method of checking out seems so odd as the stores line you up like cattle waiting to be branded and take you one at a time. I had my checkbook out with pen in hand and without batting an eyelash, the young lady didn't even say, Oh, I'm sorry - she just flatly said, we don't take checks. Flatly.

I looked at her and simply didn't say a word, I reached over into my basket and yanked my purse out and turned on my heel and walked out. They didn't want me to pay them with a check, I had two credit cards but no debit card and I didn't want to add them to my credit cards enough to want the little wire wreath hanger in the first place. Not if they won't take a check. And I had cash but cash is for meals - checks are for purchases.

I already buy stuff at places where they deduct my check thru some machine the instant I am at their cash register - and I hate getting my check and a receipt stub unstapled but at least they take the check to begin with. I guess Garden Ridge is off my shopping list from now on - I wan't one of their best anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment