Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Better Days

Got up early to get dirt picked up at Amanda's. David saw the upside down wheelbarrow in his way at the garage door - guess he took it as a hint. I was still awake when he came in and nothing harsh was exchanged.

Life got a lot better today - he tilled the garden again, helped me get the potting soil and I just took the bird to the greenhouse with me- wore her out. Did I mention we have a Goffin Cockatoo? Time - they eat time up but if you put her on your shoulder and work - hey, killing birds with a stone. Got a lot done - tomatoes transplanted - 2 flats, 5 more hanging baskets, 5 pots of mixed flowers - edible types and even took time to run to store to find trellises. And she's tired - Peaches it the bird's name - whoohoo I won't have to hear her screaming tonight - she's not said a word this afternoon at all - Pooooooped I tell ya!

I mentioned Food Inc to Amanda - she's not seen it - but I think she saw the previews on Oprah's show regarding it. I need to cook a meal or two but my motion right now is plant, plant, plant - and not cook, cook, cook - amazing I've lost weight eating out - just doesn't include Hamburger buns, french fries or large quantities of gravy on anything. I've made sugar my enemy - now if I could get off diet Coke - my last refuge of bad food habituation - I think that's a word.

Like I said, it was a better day - first thing in the morning - two flats must be watered, remaining seedless tomatoes transplanted and then the beefsteaks seem the tallest - oh, I got all kinds of squash planted today - 8-ball zucchini - round stuff, cocozelle - light green zuch, straightneck and white scallop and a whole flat of parks whopper cucumbers - they do well but I am completely hooked on their Whopper line except the stupid squash is treated - I don't like treated seed. Next two days I hope to get cole crops into the garden for our use, peas would be nice, beets, carrots, and all the dang onions are growing in the bag - literally up and green onion sized greens - rolls eyes - not bragging - either - that's not entirely normal.

My lower garden is going to be dedicated to Okra - local grocery will take Okra - can't start it till it warms up - and I keep expecting these cold nights and cool days to burst straight from crappy yucky dampness and chill to blistering heat - we don't have a spring in Oklahoma much and seldom a fall - just Summer and Winter - in all their individual ugly HOT or COLD.

If you get close enough to - kick Inhofe in the shorts - I'll do the same if I get close enough too.

Peace and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment