Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Make it yourself.

I ran across this Salad Dressing recipe on The Splendid Table. I think I have crossed it with something I read somewhere else. It has worked so well for me I thought I would share it with everyone.

First buy a container of dried minced onion, minced garlic, and Italian Seasoning, or process and dry them from your garden. I will cover the "process your own" later when I get my process developed.

1 Teaspoon each of the onion, garlic, and Italian Seasoning is the same thing you get in those Italian Dressing packages. So don't buy those any more just make your own.

I bought a 2 cup plastic measuring cup with a lid from Reasors to make it in.

In your measuring cup add:

1 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp dried minced garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning.

Add:

1/2 cup Vinegar
1/2 cup Oil
1 tbls Dijon Mustard

Shake well.

Always allow enough time to rehydrate the dry ingredients before serving. You can use any vinegar you like. They all seem to work well, however plain white distilled is a little harsh. Red wine vinegar gives it a gourmet flavor. Always use Canola oil or Olive Oil period. Anything else will clog your arteries. Don't be afraid to experiment with this dressing works on lettuce or other veggie salads. Wonderful in a three bean salad. It is just a great quick dressing that will have people say WOW.

Bon appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment