Saturday, August 1, 2009

Local Beekeepers Question Thursday's TW Article.

Here is the quote from Linda Harbinger in question:

"I've got one hive that's kind of nasty," she said. "But they're producing a 100-pound box of honey every week, so they can be nasty so long as they keep producing like that."

I have to admit this is hard to believe. According to the University of Kentucky average yield would be 50 pounds per hive per year. I am not planning on getting any honey this year. I just hope my bee's collect enough to survive the winter. The posts are on the NEOBA forum if you are curious about the discussion.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - Della Smith noticed that too - honestly, I've been interviewed by the newspaper often enough to know for a fact they can screw up an interview and she may say she gets 100 lbs a year - ask her - she'll tell ya.

    ReplyDelete