Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bonsai - Ya can't eat it

Twice a year I trim a bonsai I purchased for my husband - I have no idea why he doesn't do it except he just doesn't. I probably spend between 2-3 hours a year trimming it. It is the only Bonsai we have - its a juniper - and it came from a real Japanese grower - or at least Japanese seller - who was on the side of the road - I bet he's been in Tulsa at least a few times with a van and he just sets up his plants on the side of the road and sells here in Sapulpa.

I like the plant - but ya can't eat it. That doesn't mean that plants you cannot eat have no value - obviously I love plants whether they are edible or deadly poisonous - since I grow both basils and castor beans. Oh, that reminds me - I need to cut the gourds down - one has fallen and busted. Arrghh!

I am also wondering if it will ever stop raining - I've heard sunshine will occur on Friday - I'll believe it when I see it. I feel sorry for the bees - they are so confined when it is rainy - makes me wonder if they get bored, sleep or eat the entire time.

Its amazing how I worked in the greenhouse from 4-6 cleaning plants and when I stepped outside a bit ago the geese had put themselves to bed - they went into their pen for the evening - birds are definately creatures of habit. I am not sure if I have ever mentioned the parrot - the quaker parrot who is about 1/2 an ounce bigger and maybe a whole inch longer than a cockatiel and is green - we call him Moe. He/she likes routine and being very close to human contact. David's spoiling him - with breakfast. David will get a sausage, egg bisquit and as soon as he gets it unwrapped, the parrot begins to eat off the edge of the egg. And he/she eats its share too. I bet the bird consumes at least 2 teaspoons of egg with bisquit each morning - seems a bit cannibalistic. This morning Moe didn't even wait to be offered food - he simply walked over to the bisquit and began eating before David had his first bite. Since quakers will eat any food human's do with very few limitations, he seems to be thriving and looks pretty good.

I hope Mr. Tulsonian gets moved soon enough - I know that moving has got to be the last thing on my mind - I'd sell my soul for more room - but not if it means moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment