Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Zuchinni Bread (again???) and more

Yesterday David finally completed the wiring in our produce building - he has one more task and then we get the electric turned on, lights working and the air conditioner running - I am so ready. Picking produce and filling my utility room is getting very frustrating. After having the truck stolen, people seem to think we don't have anything so they have stopped coming out. My tomatoes and squash are piling up so I may have to hit the road tomorrow and there's so much I need to do here that being away from the farm selling is not what I want to be doing.

In getting the job done - a licensed electrician friend of his from work came out and took a look - Byron Lentz is a mechanic at AA, a photographer and a bike rider. That's quite the combo - he and his wife Roxanne were given a bag of tomatoes, some summer squash and a zuchinni loaf as a thank you for their time. Had my computer worked, I'd have downloaded a few of his pictures but there's a glitch - maybe next time.

Here's basically that recipe for the zuchinni bread -
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups natural or brown sugar
1 tsp salt1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
4 oz nuts (walnuts or pecans)
Mix dry ingredients
2 cups zuchinni - I have also used pears, bananas either in replacement or mixed with the zuchinni
3 eggs
1 cup oil or butter melted
2 tsp vanilla1 cup oil or butter - that batch had 3/4s butter and 1/4 oil but most I have used the oil
Finish mixing and divide into pans - makes two loaf pans or can be divided to make smaller yet.

The air conditioner seems to be on the fritz too - all of a sudden. One more bad thing needs to happen to get this run of bad luck out of the way. I don't have a lot of superstitions - she said with a smile. I've never thrown salt over a shoulder or avoided a black cats path but it sure seems that bad luck comes in threes. Ooooo, oooo - maybe having the sign stolen with the truck makes two! Ahhh, I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment