Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saving Bees: What we know now.

I was over working in the yard of my Bungalow, and there were Chives in bloom from gardens long past. I notices several Honey Bees working the blossoms so I left the plants for the bees to utilize. The other day I was in the middle of downtown and I saw some insects flying around a elm tree in the parking lot of Trinity Church. After closer inspection I identified them as Honey Bees collecting propolis. I don't know if there is a hives downtown or the Bees are ferrel, but it is a good sign to see so many Honey Bees living in an Urban Area. My hives would be about two miles from where I saw the Bees foraging. I know they are not the right color to be from my Italian Hive, but could be from my Okie mutt hive. Here is a article from the New York Times updating us on Colony Collapse Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment