Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Subaru and South Jersey Food Bank

I drove Fords for years but bought a Geo Prism back in 96 and drove that car for 14 years. The engine was great but the transmission had been replaced during a vacation to Colorado. I began to research what kind of auto I needed and I began to look for station wagons. A few mechanics said the Taurus transmission would go out at about 70,000 miles - yuck. So I ended up with a Subaru Legacy in 2004 - it was brand new, standard shift and green. The grant writer at the Tulsa Indian Clinic has one just like it, same color. I've been told that there are a few drivers in the Tulsa area that have 700,000 miles on their autos - my goal is 1M.

I get the DRIVE magazine and it usually has a bit of Green information in it. In South Jersey, they have a food bank that now receives a portion of the garden plots on Subaru headquarters in Cherry Hill, NJ. 10' X 10' plots are adopted by 8-12 employee teams - it doesn't say how many plots total are producing. But isn't that kind neat - http://www.foodbanksj.org/ or check out the Community: Wonderful Days Preschool at http://www.drive.subaru.com/.

1 comment:

  1. I love my Forrester. Made the finale payment this month. I hope to get 1M out of it too.

    ReplyDelete