Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A real change in thinking.

I think Tulsa is in the process of a change in thinking. Well at least I would hope so after the community garden uproar. A city is now more than it's residents, and some politicians seem to think that a city is an entity of its own and the citizens are just fleas on the dog so to speak. I think about this everyday as I drive through my area of Tulsa and see the vast open grass lots created by the so called "Urban Renewal". As citizens of Tulsa we own this land. Why do we need to buy the land from ourselves? Is food more important than development? I also see a need to teach food preservation. I just happen to grow up in a family that grew and preserved most of our food. When it came time to can food everyone in the family helped out so I learned to preserve food as part of my life education. Owen Park Recreational Center has a kitchen we should get some canning classes organized there. Food security equals secure families.

No comments:

Post a Comment