Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hives are Alive

Oh, one other tidbit - Saturday I ventured out to check on the three hives here - all three were active - HOT DANG! Back during the last blast from the north - the one that lasted forever - I put bags and bags of leaves around all three - on the north, east and west sides. I only saw a bit of activity from the little Italian hive - so I was truly worried. Saturday, I took my daughter to see my bees - she was such a chicken standing way back and I was down in front of the hives pointing out the variations in them - (showing off maybe a bit at being fearless of my six legged ladies).

I was so pleased that there is life in all three hives - cuz it's been a booger of a winter - cold, way more snow than usual, ice, overcast and just plain yucky.

Again, I am tickled - terribly terribly tickled.

No comments:

Post a Comment